Star Legal’s Thornbury Castle Street branch is seeking applications for the following jobs:
Part-Time Legal Secretary – The role includes typing up audio dictation, taking phone calls, completing legal forms and updating cases to support this busy office. We are looking for someone who likes to stay busy and salary will be commensurate with experience. Suitable candidates would have knowledge of residential conveyancing and experience with case management systems would be advantageous.
Please send a covering letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Star Legal's Clifton Branch is seeking applications for the following job:Accounts Assistant - This role is to assist the Accounts Manager with performing the cashier function in accordance with the current Solicitors Accounts Rules.
Responsibilities will include:
Deal with electronic receipts received on Lloyds Link; Client Account bank reconciliation; stop out of date or lost cheques; client to office transfers, client to disbursement transfers, post bills; High volumes of Electronic payments using Lloyds Link, disbursement postings; issue client and office account cheques Process cheques received and banking; re-order paying in books and supply to fee earners as required; file bank statements and reports. Possible transfers; application of client account credit interest; client ledger housekeeping to deal with aged client balances; monitor and respond to emails in the Accounts inbox deal with queries and provide assistance where possible
• A well organised individual who can work accurately under pressure when required
• A good knowledge of current Solicitors Accounts Rules
• Able to work as part of a team and provide support for other team members
• Confident with computerised accounts, case management, email, spreadsheets and online banking
• Institute of Legal Cashiers membership (desirable)
• Accountancy procedures
• Great communication skills
If this role is of interest to you please email direct your letter of application and CV to email@example.com
Star Legal's Portishead Branch is seeking applications for the following jobs:
We are looking for a qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or Paralegal with 3 years PQE experience in family law starting as soon as practicable. The role may initially be split working between our Portishead and Clevedon offices so your own transport is essential. You may also be required to travel to other Star Legal Offices in the Bristol and South Gloucestershire areas to meet clients.
You will need to have good IT skills and should be familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
It is essential that you possess rounded client service skills and you must be able to empathise with a wide range of clients in order to resolve the most sensitive and complicated practicalities involved in family break-ups. Of particular importance will be organisational and communication skills.
This role will involve dealing with a range of privately and publically funded Family/Children cases including; divorce, dissolution of civil partnership, financial proceedings, matters concerning private children matters (including cases which have an International element), proceedings relating to unmarried couples, non molestation Injunctions matters as well as undertaking your own advocacy where possible.
If either of these roles are of interest please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Star Legal's Chepstow Branch is seeking applications for the following job:
- Residential and commercial property solicitor/executive - An excellent opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to join our established and growing conveyancing department in the lower Wye Valley at our Chepstow branch office. Part time basis considered for experienced candidates.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Charlotte.email@example.com
Star Legal's Swansea Branch is seeking applications for the following job:
- Consultant Conveyancer - The swansea office is looking for an experienced conveyancer to join its growing office. The successful candidate will have experience in running their own caseload and will have the freedom to develop their own work. A following would be an advantage but not strictly necessary.
Star Legal's Clifton Branch is seeking applications for the following job:
- Corporate/Commercial Lawyer - to work with a junior assistant and help run a busy and growing corporate and commercial department. The role will bring a varied workload of corporate and commercial work, including share and business sales and purchases, MBOs, share buybacks, restructurings, joint ventures, a range of commercial and trading agreements and the usual corporate advice.
This role will be ideal for either a senior associate or partner at an existing firm with experience of these matters and who is looking to make a move to an exciting and growing firm. Terms will be commensurate with the role and experience. If this role is of interest to you please email direct your letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always interested to hear from solicitors and other lawyers who would like to talk to us about joining Star Legal. If you have experience as a lawyer and have contacts or clients of your own or a reasonable expectation of growing your clients and contacts, please contact Ian Foster or Philip Hands.
All discussions and enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.