Setting up and running a charity involves many important decisions, and it’s important that trustees have advice they can rely on throughout the process.
If you’re thinking about setting up a charity, Star Legal’s solicitors can advise you on important matters such as:
- The appropriate structure to choose
- Selection and appointment of trustees, officers, and employees
- The charitable purposes and eligibility for charitable status
We can also act as legal advisers or clerk to the trustees, to provide ongoing support where its needed.
If you are acting as trustee to an existing charity, we can advise you on issues including:
- Limiting personal liability
- How the charity can buy, lease or sell land or property
- How to operate a trading business
- How to collaborate or merge with other charities
And if it becomes necessary, we can even be there to help and support you in the process of closing or winding down your charity to minimise disruption and distress.
If you would appreciate any guidance in the legal aspects of setting up or running a charity, contact us today.