Personal data and privacy laws have never been more in the spotlight than they are now. Every business handles personal data in some format, which means this high profile area is one nobody can afford to ignore. Getting it right builds trust with your customers, while getting it wrong could land you in serious trouble.
At Star Legal, we can provide straightforward legal advice on what can be a very complex area, allowing you to achieve a compliance strategy that is both user-friendly and pays its way. We can advise you on how the law impacts your business, how to comply with the Data Protection Act and whether you need to register as a data controller.
As you may have read in the media, data breaches are on the increase and the Information Commissioner has shown a determination to take action against businesses that do not take appropriate steps to safeguard personal data. Aside from damaging your reputation, a breach could lead to hefty fines and even prosecution for those involved.
We provide pragmatic and practical advice to businesses of all sizes and across many sectors. We can help you with an extensive range of data protection issues, including:
- Putting in place a data protection policy and training package for your employees
- Handling a tricky subject access request
- Ensuring you have the consents you need in order to use personal information
- Providing you with compliance advice
- Helping you with the complex issues arising from transfers of personal data outside the UK, where strict rules apply
Whatever your data protection issue, contact us with use today for practical and cost-effective solutions.